The objective of this 2-day workshop is to expand your comfort zone when addressing a variety of audiences and to create value for those in attendance.
You are expected to prepare an oral presentation (conference presentation, lecture or meeting presentation) prior to the course.
You will give two short presentations during the course. The second presentation will be given on the second day – here you will demonstrate how your skills have improved.
This course is quality-certified by the University of East London, which assures that the course complies with rigorous criteria on teaching methodology and teacher qualifications.
Participants’ own presentations constitute the foundation of this course. The instructor will introduce key principles and tools that participants can apply to improve their presentations.
Focal points are: clarity of message; dealing with audience dialogue; improvisation techniques; visuals, incl. PowerPoint; peer feedback; psychological aspects; use of voice.
Participants’ presentations and feedback will be recorded individually for their own analysis. Demonstrable learning outcome will emerge through a “before-and-after” effect seen in participants’ second presentation.
You will receive a recording of your presentations and feedback.
- Defining your key messages
- Identifying your audience – and creating relevance for them
- Creating an effective structure
- Using visual aids correctly
- Conveying confidence with your voice and body language
- Dealing convincingly with questions and
- Enjoy presenting
- Course fee: DKK 6,500 excl. VAT. Including catering.
- ECTS credits: 2
- Teaching language: English
- Exam form: Course participation
- Grading scale: Passed / not passed
- Course workload: 50 hours
- Enrolment: University Copenhagen website