Advanced Presentation Techniques (2 ECTS)
This 2-day workshop will expand your comfort zone when talking to a variety of audiences and help you create value for them. The course is based on your own presentations, and you will receive personal guidance and coaching on your performance, incl. slides, language, content and overall effectiveness.
During the course you will hold two presentations. This may be a “standard scientific presentation”, or it may be a poster or a slide you wish to present and discuss. The second presentation will be given on the second day – here you will demonstrate how your skills have improved. You will receive a recording of your presentations and feedback for you to study in private.
There is a week’s gap between the two days. This gives you an opportunity to think about and practise skills learned on the first day. In addition, it paves the way for preparing your second presentation.
This course is quality-certified by the University of East London, which assures that the course complies with rigorous criteria on teaching methodology and teacher qualifications. The course is also accredited by the University of Copenhagen (click here to read about our other accredited course, Academic Writing).
Your own presentations constitute the foundation of this course. The instructor will introduce key principles and tools that you can apply to improve your presentations.
Focal points are:
- Structuring a presentation
- Clarity of message
- Dealing with audience dialogue
- Improvisation techniques
- Articulation and language
- Use of voice
- Visuals, including slides
- Psychological aspects such as nerves
- Dealing with questions from the audience
- Interaction with the audience
- Peer feedback to achieve continuous learning
Your presentations and feedback will be recorded individually for your own analysis. Demonstrable learning outcome will emerge through a “before-and-after” effect seen in your second presentation.
You will receive a recording of your presentations and feedback.
Furthermore, we improve your ability to collaborate and share knowledge in cross-cultural and interdisciplinary research environments.
- Defining your key messages
- Identifying your audience – and creating relevance for them
- Creating an effective structure
- Using visual aids appropriately
- Conveying confidence with your voice and body language
- Dealing convincingly with questions
- Enjoying presenting
- Course fee: DKK 6,500 excl. VAT, including catering.
- ECTS credits: 2
- Teaching language: English
- Exam form: Course participation
- Grading scale: Passed / not passed
- Course workload: 50 hours
- Enrolment via University Copenhagen: