Academic writing (2 ECTS)
The course aims to enable participants to write more clearly and productively in correct English with a view to publication in reputable scientific journals.
You will do a lot of on-site academic writing in small groups under the guidance of your instructors. Throughout the course we will alternate between group writing excises and plenary instruction, demonstration and discussion. We use peer feedback as a tool during the entire course.
This course is quality-certified by the University of East London, which assures that the programme complies with rigorous criteria on teaching methodology and teacher qualifications. The course is also accredited by the University of Copenhagen.
This 4-day course will help you to write more effectively and optimize your papers for peer-review publications through:
- Efficient writing routines
- Insights into the composition of scientific papers
- Constructive feedback from instructors and peers
- Correct grammar and appropriate vocabulary
- Clear syntax and argumentation
The course is open to PhD students from all disciplines and offers a unique opportunity to build an interdisciplinary network of fellow PhD students.
- Correct sentence structure and grammar
- Appropriate use of terminology and phrases
- Efficient writing processes
- Academic writing conventions
- Effective use of peer feedback on your own writing
- Keeping your “writer’s optimism”
- Course fee: DKK 5,000 excl. VAT.
- ECTS credits: 2
- Teaching language: English
- Exam form: Course participation
- Grading scale: Passed / not passed
- Course workload: 52 hours
- Enrolment: University Copenhagen website